Second Chance Checking Accounts
Second Chance Checking Accounts - Rebuilding for the Future
Sometime life happens and mistakes are made. If you've been unable to open a traditional checking account due to bad credit or a poor banking history, we're here to help. A Washtenaw Federal Credit Union second chance checking account can help you rebuild your banking habits and get on the right path for your financial future. With a Second Chance Checking Account there is a minimum balance requirement of $500, but after one year of a good banking history with us we welcome you to apply for one of our other checking program. Let us help you get back on track.
Features of the Second Chance Checking Account with Washtenaw Federal Credit Union:
- Minimum balance of $500.00 required at all times
- $5.00 monthly service fee which cannot be waived
- 24/7 on-line banking account access
- Non-interest bearing account
- If balance falls below $500.00 checks will be returned NSF - non-sufficient funds in the account, and any NSF fees will continue to be deducted from the $500. The account must be brought back to the $500.00 minimum balance before the credit union will again pay the checks.
- Accounts are not eligible for Occasional Overdraft Protection Service (OPP).
- All standard fees, holds and policies apply.
- Members may apply for our other checking programs after (1) year, at Management’s discretion.
- Normal account charges such as ATM fees, stop payment or NSF fees apply when appropriate
Unsure if a student checking account is the right product for you? Please visit our Regular, Student, and Money Market accounts which provide other options for your checking account needs. We are also available to help you determine which type of checking account is right for you.
Visit one of our Ypsilanti branches today to apply for a second chance checking account. At Washtenaw Federal Credit Union, we look forward to helping our members with their daily banking needs.