New EMV Chip Debit/ATM Cards
New WFCU EMV Chip Cards
Our members’ security is always our top priority. Your new chip enabled card will provide you with greater security as well as additional protection against fraudulent activity.
- Secure Chip Stores Payment Information
- Chip Card Authentication Prevents Counterfeiting
- Adds Cardholder Verification methods
- Offers Online or Offline Authorization
What Members Need to Know
All members with a current Debit/ATM card will be issued a new card starting October 16, 2017. These Debit/ATM cards will have a new card number and new PIN number that is different from your existing debit card. Your new card and PIN number will arrive separately. Please pay close attention to your mail such that you do not miss your new card.
- You may activate and begin using your new card on November 6, 2017. Please call the number on the front of the card to activate. 1-800-543-5073.
- Merchants/ATMs will not accept your OLD card AFTER November 6, 2017. Please destroy your OLD card by cutting it in half. *Do not destroy your old card until your new card has been activated.
- Your card number and expiration date have changed. Please be sure to notify any businesses of your new card number/expiration date that charge your card regularly, such as gyms, subscriptions, insurance providers, etc.
- Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) has changed. You will receive a separate mailer with your new PIN. Once your card is activated, if you with to change your PIN, you may do so by following the instructions on the mailer. You will need the PIN provided with your mailer to create a new PIN.
How do I use my new card?
Simply swipe your card like you do today. However, if a chip-activated terminal is available, insert your card and follow the prompts.
- Insert the chip end of your card into the terminal with the chip facing up.
- Keep your card in the terminal and follow the prompts.
- Remove your card when prompted and take the receipt.
Is my new card safer than my old card?
When you use your card at a chip-activated terminal, the embedded chip generates a one-time use code. This code is virtually impossible to counterfeit and helps reduce in-store fraud.
Where can I use my new card?
More merchants are accepting chip card transactions every day. Whether you check out using chip technology or swipe your new debit card, you can pay with confidence wherever Visa debit cards are accepted.
We’re sure that you have more questions. Contact us at 734.484.5100 or visit a branch location today for more information.